The local authority flexible eligibility (LA Flex) scheme is an extension of the ECO scheme eligibility to broaden the scope of those who can apply for the funding available. Councils are given the power to extend the eligibility based on certain factors in order to include those who are not in receipt of benefits. Both homeowners and those who privately rent may be eligible, although social housing tenants are unfortunately not.
We cover following cities for LA Flex application,
The qualifying criteria are set out by the local authorities and cover these areas:
- If someone living at the property is suffering from a certain illness.
- Whether an occupant is pregnant.
- The number of children living at the property and their age.
- Whether an occupant is over a certain age.
- If the income of the household is below a certain level.
If you qualify through LA Flex you could benefit from a number of measures. These include:
- First time central heating (FTCH) for those without a current heating system, or without a boiler and radiators.
- Under floor insulation (if your property has suspended floors)
- Boiler replacement
As well as these measures often coming at no cost there are many other benefits for having them installed at your home, which include:
- Helping to lower CO2 emissions and therefore helping the environment
- Lowering the cost of energy bills
- Problems such as mould, humidity and draughts will no longer be an issue
- Adding value to the property